Sunday, February 12, 2012

A busy season so far!

Here I am once again, very overdue on updating my blog.....in my defense, I have been keeping pretty busy (on and off the stage!) and I have much to share. This season began with a run of "Carmen" at Seattle Opera, where I sang in the chorus and enjoyed singing alongside a great cast of principals, one being Anita Rachvelishvili, our Carmen, who is establishing herself all over the world as one of the premier mezzo-sopranos performing today. Following "Carmen", I sang in the MONC auditions in Seattle (with a new and improved group of arias, all of which I've really enjoyed learning!) and then for the third straight year, performed the "Messiah" solos with Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Magnolia (Seattle). 

Next came a December trip to New York City, which was, as usual, filled with auditions and running into various singer-friends all over town. I'm happy to report that I'll be a member of the Emerging Artist program at Opera New Jersey this summer, where I'll be singing in "HMS Pinafore" and a number of concerts and scenes programs. 

I am currently with Seattle Opera chorus once again for Gluck's "Orphee" which opens on February 25th. It's a great cast and the music has quickly become a new favorite of mine! I will also shortly be beginning rehearsals with Tacoma Opera for "La Boheme", where I'll be singing Schaunard at the Rialto Theater March 30th and April 1st. 

Thank you for following "what I'm up to" and I hope to see you at a performance very soon!
-Ryan

No comments: