Monday, July 11, 2011

what's new

I recently returned from the Astoria Music Festival, where my main activity was singing Count Almaviva in "Le nozze di Figaro". As a part of the Festival program, I also had the opportunity to have masterclasses with Ruth Ann Swenson and David Burnakus in addition to meeting a number of wonderful new singers. We stayed very busy for the 2 1/2 weeks that we were there, singing chorus for "Il trovatore" (which starred Angela Meade and Richard Zeller) and several other concerts, taking some Italian classes (long overdue for me....an opera singer who's never taken Italian??!), preparing "Figaro" and when we could, attempting to take in as much of the local flavor as possible. Astoria's a great place, and I look forward to returning sometime soon.

The rest of the summer is going to be spent working at the hospital quite a bit, spending time in Spokane with family, an August trip to Las Vegas, and working on music for the season ahead. I'll try to be better about updating this more often :)

No comments: