Sunday, April 26, 2009

about time I update I suppose....

In catching up with a few friends' performance activities by way of blog these last few days, I realized just how long it has been since I updated this thing :-) In fact, since February, quite a bit has happened! I have been learning more and more the essential lesson of being always grateful for the opportunities that are provided to me.

During the months of February and March, I was very active in the preparations and performances of Rainier Family Opera's spring production. We presented scenes from The Tender Land, Carmen, and of course, La Boheme, where I was fortunate enough to get to sing a bunch of Marcello's music that I hope to be using again someday hopefully soon :-) I also served as Artistic Director-of-sorts; organizing personnel and schedules is hard work!! It was a very successful adventure, and I met some great new singing friends in the process.

Late March and early April provided me a chance to take a few lessons and coachings in preparation for several auditions etc. Maestro Vendice was in town and I got to meet with him twice in one month! I sang last weekend at the Performing Arts Festival of the Eastside in Bellevue and was honored to have won first place. I'll get to sing on a recital in May. So grateful for having been given the gift to sing and the perseverance to enjoy the ups and the downs alike :-)

Simon Boccanegra (no, no title role for me) for Puget Sound Concert Opera and a reprise of our Seattle Opera Guild cabaret performance are forthcoming in the next few weeks. I'll try not to wait so long to update this thing from now on!

No comments: